- Article 1 (General Provisions)
- 1. These terms and conditions for user reviews (“Terms”) set forth the terms that apply when a user of Rakuten Travel (“User”) posts a review using the review facility (“User Review”) provided by Rakuten,Inc. (“Rakuten”) through Rakuten Travel.
- Article 2 (Review)
- 1. User Reviews are published via a posting facility provided by Rakuten, to a location on the Rakuten Travel website and other locations designated by Rakuten (“Review Board”). User Reviews shall be based on actual services provided by lodging facilities, transportation companies, care rental operators, activity companies or other travel-related service providers affiliated with Rakuten (collectively “Service Provider”). User may post the following information: (1) Information on Service Provider used by the User (in addition to text, evaluation including customer rating scores, images, videos, etc; collectively “Review”); (2) Additional information incidental or related to the preceding provision.
- Article 3 (Contents of the Review)
- 1. User shall be able to post to the Review Board, the contents specified below: (1) User impression when using Service Provider; (2) Information on Service Providers, the surrounding area, and regional information related to transportation itinerary; (3) Areas of improvement or any other feedback for Service Provider.
- Article 4 (Conditions for User Review)
- 1. User must comply with the conditions for User Review (“Conditions”) specified in the following provisions. (1) User Review is based on Service Provider’s service reserved via Rakuten Travel. If the User and person posting User Review are different people, the User Review must be based on the experiences of those who actually used the service; (2) User Review shall be posted within the allowable period determined by Rakuten; (3) User shall comply with any other conditions designated by Rakuten.
- Article 5 (Publication Period)
- 1. Rakuten shall publish User Reviews that satisfy the Conditions only during the period designated by Rakuten.
- 2. The User shall agree that the User Reviews shall be removed when the period prescribed in the preceding paragraph has elapsed.
- Article 6 (Prohibited Matters)
- 1. The User shall not post contents that fall under or that Rakuten deems to fall under one of the following provisions: (1) Names and other identifiers of providers of services other than Service Providers; (2) Information that can be used to identify a particular individual, including but not limited to name, address, gender, age, room number, etc; (3) Evaluation, criticism or opinion of other User Reviews; (4) Posts that are defamatory and/or discriminatory against Rakuten, the Service Provider or any third party, and also include contents that infringe on any privacy rights, portraits rights, copyrights, etc; (5) Posts that include contents that User did not actually hear of or experience; (6) Posts that are aimed at damaging the reputation or cause credit uncertainty of Rakuten, Rakuten Travel, Service Provider, or a third party without justifiable grounds; (7) Posts that are not based on facts; (8) Posts that are unrelated to the service of the Service Provider; (9) Posts that include commercial advertising purposes; (10) Post that include contents designed to lead readers to other websites, etc. (including but not limited to social networking services), such as a URL, an email address or a QR code; (11) Posts that run counter to laws and regulations as well as public order and morals; (12) Posts that include specific political or religious assertions; (13) Posts that include contents inappropriate under normal social conventions, such as those that stimulate sexual sentiments, or encourage violence or cruelty; (14) Posts that include contents that encourage or assist in suicide; (15) Posts that include prior notices of criminal conduct, encourage or assist in criminal conduct, or include other contents related to criminal conduct; (16) Posts that are deemed as inappropriate by Rakuten.
- 2. The User shall not commit an act that falls under or that Rakuten deems to fall under one of the following provisions: (1) Making demands to the Service Provider on the condition that User will post a User Review; (2) Intimidating, attempting to extort, or making demands beyond the legal responsibility of Rakuten or Service Provider; (3) Posting multiple User Reviews per the same use of Service Provider’s service; (4) User Reviews by the Service Provider, its executive, employees, or any related parties; (5) Posting any harmful program or script into the User Review; (6) Acts that may adversely affect the services provided by Rakuten or its group companies; (7) Acts that violate the Conditions set forth in Article 4; (8) Other acts deemed as inappropriate by Rakuten.
- Article 7 (Non-Publication, Editing and Deletion)
- 1. The User agrees that when Rakuten determines a User Review to be in violation of the provisions prescribed in Article 6 of these Terms or have become untrue even if it was the case while posted, Rakuten may, without providing prior notice to the User, immediately, not publish, delete or edit the User Review.
- 2. Rakuten shall bear no obligation to actively monitor the User Reviews for any violations of these Terms by Users.
- 3. Rakuten shall bear no obligation to publish the reasons for not publishing, deleting, or editing the User Review.
- Article 8 (Contact by Rakuten or the Service Provider)
- 1. Rakuten may, at its discretion, contact User in order to confirm on facts regarding a User Review or request an edit or deletion of a User Review, or for any other reason.
- 2. The User shall promptly reply to Rakuten when requested to edit or delete a User Review pursuant to the preceding paragraph.
- 3. Service Provider may, at its discretion, contact User in response to a User Review or for any other reason.
- Article 9 (Attribution Rights, Licensing and Exemption of Liability)
- 1. The copyright of the User Review shall belong to the User who posts the User Review.
- 2. User shall allow Rakuten or any third party Rakuten permits to use User Reviews at its own discretion (including but not limited to replication, adaptation, public transmission, assignment and lending; the same shall apply hereinafter in this article), for the purposes set forth in the following provisions, free of charge and worldwide, in perpetuity. (1) For the management and promotion of Rakuten Travel (including but not limited to advertising, production and publication of promotional materials and other publications); (2) To translate the User Reviews into languages designated by Rakuten and provide the User Reviews to other users of Rakuten Travel.
- 3. The User shall not exercise the moral right of an author, portrait rights, or any other rights relating to the User Review, that cannot be transferred by law to Rakuten or a third party prescribed in the preceding paragraph.
- 4. Rakuten shall not be held liable for any disputes or other issues (including those set forth in the preceding Article) that arise in connection with the contents of the User Review (including User Reviews translated pursuant to Paragraph 2, Section 2 of this Article), and the User shall resolve the dispute at User’s own expense and responsibility.
- Article 10 (Other)
Enacted: March 25, 2005
Revised: November 28, 2005
Revised: December 1, 2016
Revised: October 29, 2018